Innovative Apartment Group has created a seamless program offering an equal housing resource that assists families in need with a fast, easy, and secure safe Apartment and a pathway to Financial Fitness and the American Dream.

LEGAL AID is a great place to start when in need of resources!


Eviction Diversion Program (EDP)

To review the EDP Directions – Please visit the Master EDP PAGE

Please call the agency listed for your community to receive the most current information on resources available for residents who fell behind on their rent during COVID-19. Some offices may be closed for in person visits, so please call first.

Oakland County – Eviction Diversion Program (EDP) Contact:

Community Housing Network – Housing Resource Center
8:30 – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
5505 Corporate Drive
Suite 300 Troy 48098
(248) 269-1335

To learn about other funding possibilities please review the content below.

F i n a n c i a l A s s i s t a n c e

Financial Assistance for housing can be for a variety of purposes, depending on
specific program criteria and eligibility, as well as funding availability. Limited,
short-term financial assistance can include funds designated for preventing
evictions, helping with utility shut-off notices or reconnections, or assisting an
individual or family in securing new housing. Some programs could be through
Community Housing Network, partner agencies or community partners.

Often agencies providing financial assistance want to be the “payee of last resort”
requiring proof that the applicant sought out help at other places first. It is highly
recommended that those needing help with emergency utility and housing
situations (such as utility shut-off notices or evictions) immediately apply for State
Emergency Relief (SER) assistance through the Department of Health and Human
Services (DHHS). For utility shut-off notices, you will need the shut-off notice to
apply. For evictions, you can apply as soon as you receive a 7-Day Notice to Quit
or Demand for Possession, however, your application will not be processed until
you provide DHHS with a copy of the judgement. You will get a copy of your
judgement at your court date, or you can request a copy afterwards at the court’s
clerk’s office, usually for a small fee.

DHHS will provide you with a Decision Notice within 10 days of applying; you
should bring that notice with you to other agencies, as many of them require that
document. The easiest, fastest way to apply and get your Decision Notice is by
creating an online account and applying for SER Assistance through DHHS’s client
web site, MiBridges. You will be able to view and print your Decision Notice as
soon as it becomes available, instead of waiting for it in the mail.

Create or log into your MiBridges account to apply for SER assistance:

If you prefer to fill out a paper application and deliver it to DHHS in person, be
sure to make a copy of your completed application as proof that you applied. You
may view/print the SER application:

Locate your local DHHS office and contact info:

In addition to applying for SER assistance (emergency housing, utility, and burial
situations) through your online MiBridges account, you can also apply for health
care, food assistance, cash assistance, and childcare assistance, and search for
other assistance and resources. Learn more about the benefits of having an online
MiBridges account, by watching this video.

Most agencies will require proof of the emergency, such as a shut-off notice for
heat, water, and electricity, or eviction notice/court judgement. For other utility
assistance resources, visit:

Agencies often run out of funds at different times so you may have to call several
agencies to find out what assistance is currently available.

Sometimes additional resources are available to certain groups related to
individual circumstances. Check resources geared to specific groups on our web
site, which includes resources for people diagnosed with cancer or other serious

Quick Links
Oakland County Financial Resources

#Oakland Together COVID-19 RELIEF MICROGRANT INITIATIVE Financial relief now!

2-1-1 United Way – 1-800-552-1183
If you are in immediate need of financial resources for eviction, utility shut-off,
food, diapers, clothes, transportation, etc., dial 2-1-1 and a resource specialist will
tell you what resources are in your area. If you experience problems dialing 2-1-1,
dial 1-800-552-1183. Alternatively, you may use their text service by texting your
zip code to 898211.

Arab American and Chaldean Council (248) 559-1990
Many locations in the metro area offering many services including outreach, food
pantry, education, and social services.
363 W Big Beaver Rd, Suite 300, Troy, MI 48084, FAX (248) 559-9117
📧 programadvocates@myacc.org

Catholic Community Response Team (CCRT) (248) 499-9621
We provide a Christian compassionate response to those in need primarily within,
but not limited to, the City of Pontiac. We provide intake services & assessments
based on client needs to build relationships in order to overcome small hurdles
which hinder self-sustainability.
132 Franklin Blvd Suite 203, Pontiac, MI 48341

Jewish Family Service (248) 592-2313
While some programs are faith-based, there may be basic needs available, funds
to pay for housing or rental expenses, zero-interest loans, and other support.
Their programming centers on three core areas: services for older adults, mental
health and wellness, and safety net services. Basic needs for which assistance may
be provided are: food assistance, personal care items, shelter expenses, utility
assistance, transportation assistance, uncovered medical needs.
Crown Pointe Office Center, 25900 Greenfield Rd, Suite 405, Oak Park, MI 48237
📧 resourcecenter@jfsdetroit.org

Love INC of North Oakland County (248) 693-4357
Service area: Auburn Hills, Clarkston, Lake Orion, Lakeville, Ortonville, Oxford,
Rochester, and Rochester Hills. May be able to assist with food, shelter, bill
paying, car repair and other emergency situations.
PO Box 104, Lake Orion, MI 48361
📧 info@loveincofnoc.org

Oakland Livingston Human Services Agency (OLHSA) (248) 209-2600
www.olhsa.org/oakland-county or 1-800-482-9250
Food, emergency utility assistance, emergency financial assistance, counseling,
referral services. Also have had some monies for moving expenses in the past.
196 Cesar E Chavez Ave, Pontiac, MI 48342
📧 info@olhsa.org

Open Door Outreach Center (248) 360-2930
Emergency services of food, clothing and referral information to families in need.
Service areas: Waterford, White Lake, West Bloomfield, Keego Harbor, Sylvan
Lake, Commerce, Orchard Lake, Walled Lake, Wolverine Lake and parts of Wixom.
7170 Cooley Lake Rd, Waterford, MI 48327

Rochester Area Neighborhood House (248) 651-5836
Neighborhood House provides financial support in the form of utility bill assistance,
eviction prevention and shelter assistance for their clients to move forward from
financial crisis to self-sustainability. RANH is the only agency in the area that
provides financial assistance pre-eviction. Other agencies only help when the client
fits the “homeless” description. However, according to DHHS, someone who is
almost homeless or “couch surfing” would not be eligible. Clients come to RANH
because they help them get back on track without them having to spend a night
on the street or in their car. They can make a plan for their clients to stay in their
home or help them transition into a more affordable housing situation, avoiding
homelessness altogether.
1720 S Livernois Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307

Saint Daniel Catholic Community (248) 625-4583
Assistance for Clarkston, Davison, Waterford, Ortonville, and Holly only.
7010 Valley Park Dr, Clarkston, MI 48346, FAX (248) 620-9839
📧 stdan@stdanielclarkston.org

St. Vincent de Paul 1-877-788-4623
http://svdpdet.org/need-help/ (313) 393-2930
For assistance, please call the main phone line at (313) 393-2930 or 1-877-ST
VINCE (1-877-788-4623), and then press 5 to connect to your local St. Vincent.
Pontiac: (248) 332-0283 Oak Park: (248) 545-2310

Salvation Army
Emergency food, hot meals, after school and senior programs, summer day camp,
utility and housing financial assistance when available.
General, (248) 443-5500
Farmington Hills, 27500 Shiawassee, (248) 477-1153
Pontiac, 469 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. S, (248) 443-2242
Royal Oak, 3015 N. Main St, (248) 585-5600

Troy People Concerned (248) 528-9199
Troy People Concerned (“TPC”) is an information and referral agency. We assist
the Troy residents who find themselves in a crisis by providing referrals to area
agencies or by directly providing financial or other assistance. We are a 501(c)3
non-profit agency established in 1974. TPC is governed by a volunteer board of
directors that set the policies for the organization.

Water Residential Assistance Program (WRAP) (313) 386-9727
Water bill assistance and arrears for suburban’s; renters or owner-operated homes.

Oakland County Michigan assistance programs.

Get financial help, grants, and loans from charities, churches, gov or non-profits in Oakland County. The financial aid can be used to help pay rent or security deposits, cover medications or dental needs, and pay for energy or heating bills. Find how to apply for financial help along with access job placement, free credit counseling services, and other case management.

Low income families often live on a limited budget. Therefore savings and free items can come into play. There are websites for free stuff, back to school supplies, winter clothing, and free Christmas toys. Or seniors or the disabled may be given medical equipment or other goods as well.

Free and discounted prescription drugs

The Oakland County government offers a program that provides prescription drugs and dental care either for free or at reduced rates. The assistance is available to all Oakland county residents. There are no age or income criteria. Dial 1-877-321-2652.

The Oakland County Prescription Drug Card is a free service. There is no charge for getting the card. You can pick up the card in most county buildings, from your commissioner’s office, or library branches across the county and Pontiac. Over eight out of ten local pharmacies accept the prescription card, and using it will save 20 percent or more on your medications and drug costs. Over 50,000 people currently have the card and take advantage of the program. Find additional programs to get free medications. Learn more on prescription drug assistance programs.

Discount dental services

Receive significant benefits from the Discount Dental Program. You can experience savings on everything from cleanings, to office visits up to root canals. And you can save as soon as you sign up. With this dental plan, an individual can typically save around $30 on a cleaning: For example, pay $50 instead of $80. Hundreds of local dentists, orthodontists, periodontists, and other dental specialists participate in the free dental plan. Find additional ways to get help with dental bills. Continue finding help with dental bills or dial 1-866-498-7914.

Free medical care

Resources to get health and medical care are noted below. However residents of Oakland County Michigan have a number of other programs and options available to them as well. Find additional locations and more Oakland County Michigan free community clinics.

Get help from the adult Benefit Waiver Program. So far, this health care program has provided free health coverage for almost 6,000 Oakland County adults who qualified for assistance. This plan will help those who do not qualify for Medicaid or any other federal or private medical plan, and who otherwise would be uninsured. Over $6 in health care benefits has been provided to participants in less than 2 years. (248) 583-8700.

Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital – Children’s Clinic ((248) 338-5000) provides free health and medical care services for children all the way from birth up through age 18. The programs are for children who are uninsured and who live in Oakland County.

Get access to prescription medications from World Medical Relief, Inc. The Prescription Assistance Program which they administer helps low to moderate income people ages 18 and older in the tri-county area get prescription medicines at low cost. The agency can even ship the medications to the patients home. Click here to find other prescription drug discount card programs, or call them at (313) 866-5333.

Rent and utility assistance in Oakland County MI

The eastern Michigan division of the Salvation Army offers several different forms of assistance, including funds to pay rent, utility bills, and deposits. The agency provides one time assistance and cash grants for individuals and families who may be faced with eviction and/or utility shut off due to inability to pay. You need  to have an eviction or disconnection notice in order to get help.

Other resources offered include Christmas assistance, food, meals, shelter, free school items or uniforms and referrals to medical and other government programs. Vouchers for gasoline, medications, and transportation may be available. Call 248-334-2407, or read more Oakland County Michigan Salvation Army.

Active Faith Community Services only provides support in South Lyon School District. This is another local charity agency to turn to in Oakland County Michigan. This organization offers grants that are used to pay heating, electric, and water utility bills. In addition, the organization also assists people with making with rent payments. Last, but not least, they negotiate with utility companies and landlords to make sure there is clear understanding of expectations and that the problem does not reoccur. Or contact them for free diapers or food supplies. (248) 437-9790, or find programs from Active Faith Community Services.

Or turn to Lighthouse Emergency Services ((248) 620-6116) that pay for first months rent, security deposits, and provides money for eviction prevention. This is one of the most respected non-profits in Pontiac and the Oakland County Michigan area. They can also provide advice on such programs as heating oil buying networks and other services.

The organization, known as LES, also tries to stabilize the situation as part of Family Independent Initiative. Another focus is on feeding and caring for senior citizens, and there may even be money raised from the community for gas bills or overdue rent. Locate emergency help from Lighthouse Emergency Services.

Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency is a basic needs program that provides short term financial help, but then will work with the individual to help them become self-sufficient over the long term. They run a weatherization program, provide budgeting and debt counseling, energy bill assistance, housing aid, home repairs, and many other programs. they are based in Pontiac but can help people across the county. 

This is the largest non-profit in the county and region. Several other resources are available by OLHSA for unemployed and seniors that live in Oakland County Michigan. They also provide groceries from resources such as Commodity Supplemental Food Program and free meals for seniors. Also call them about emergency rental help and homeless prevention services.  Dial (248)209-2600 to apply for help, or find more details on OLHSA assistance programs.

South Oakland Center ((248) 546-6566) and Housing Resource Center (HRC) ((248) 928-0111) both run the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. This federal government created resource offers renters limited financial assistance for the leasing of apartments or low income homes, money for arrearages, and funds for paying security and utility deposits. In some cases there may also be grants for utility arrearages and energy bill payments. All funds are intended to prevent homelessness in Michigan and programs are also available to assist those who are currently in a shelter.

Oakland County Homeless Prevention – Community and Home Improvement – Get emergency rent assistance from the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP). This program was funded by federal stimulus dollars. It can provide money for paying security deposits, funds for up to 18 months of rent, utility and energy assistance, and even advice such as credit counseling. It is a Pontiac Michigan based agency, but supports the entire county. Dial (248) 858-5403, or read more on homeless prevention in Oakland County Michigan.

Neighbor For Neighbor – If you are faced with an emergency, and it is determined your need is great enough, you may be eligible for financial assistance up to $150. Funds can be used to pay for rent to prevent evictions, rental deposit assistance, medical bill payment assistance, and utility or heating bill assistance to prevent shut offs. 495 Broadway, Hart Community Center, Davisburg, Michigan 48350, main number (248) 634-0900

Housing Authorities – The are several offices around Oakland County Michigan. Programs are offered for both renters and homeowners. Contact a housing authority to get access to eviction prevention services, rental assistance, home loans, and mortgage foreclosure counseling. Learn more on Oakland County Michigan housing authorities.

OLHSA – An Oakland county Michigan Community Action Agency. Assists low-income individuals with a variety of needs, including payment of electric, gas, or heating fuel bills, prescription expense assistance, weatherization program and food. Some food programs include food pantry as well as government surplus food distribution site for seniors. There are two locations, including 345 E. Nine Mile Rd., Ferndale, MI 48220(248) 542-5860 as well as 196 Cesar E. Chavez Ave., Pontiac, Michigan 48343-0598, (248) 209-2600.

Michigan Department Of Human Services Oakland County – Qualified families can access many assistance programs, including financial assistance and cash grants to the low-income households who meet eligibility requirements. Other help is in the form of food stamps, public aid, rent and housing, and much more. 30755 Montpelier, Madison Heights, MI 48071, (248) 583-8700, 235 N. Saginaw, Pontiac MI 48342 (248) 975-5200, 195 Ladd Rd., Walled Lake, Michigan 48390, dial (248) 669-7600. More information on Oakland Michigan public assistance.

Oxford Orion Fish – The non-profit offers temporary limited financial assistance to assist with utility bills, food or rent payments. Address is 487 First St., Oxford, MI 48371, call (248) 628-3933

Clothes and basic needs – Find where to get a wide range of items. Clothing closets and thrift stores have free winter coats, boots, diapers, and school supplies. Other agencies coordinate free Christmas assistance and gifts for children. Continue with free clothing closets and school supplies in Oakland County.

Oakland County Department Of Public Services – Veterans Service Division – Veterans or their families may qualify for temporary financial assistance for bills and expenses such as groceries, gas, rent, and mortgage to prevent evictions or foreclosures. Other assistance is in the form of utility and electric bill payments to prevent utility shut-offs. Two locations include 1200 N Telegraph Rd., North Office Building 26 East, Pontiac, Michigan 48341, phone (248) 858-0785 as well as 1151 Crooks Rd., Troy, Michigan 48084, phone (248) 655-1250

Rochester Area Neighborhood House – Provides the low income with general financial assistance for emergency needs on a case-by-case basis. 1234 Inglewood, Rochester, MI 48307, number (248) 651-5836

Free assistance for the holidays can be obtained from non-profit agencies. Several Oakland County area churches and charities help low income families, seniors, and the youth in the community. Many volunteers also contribute to the programs. Find free gifts, toys, clothing, and receive a meal at Thanksgiving or Christmas. More information on free holiday help in Oakland County MI.

Free assistance for the holidays can be obtained from non-profit agencies. Several Oakland County area churches and charities help low income families, seniors, and the youth in the community. Many volunteers also contribute to the programs. Find free gifts, toys, clothing, and receive a meal at Thanksgiving or Christmas. More information on free holiday help in Oakland County MI.

Troy People Concerned – The non-profit offers the less fortunate with rent, mortgage and utility bill assistance. 2045 Austin Dr., Troy, Michigan 48083, call (248) 528-9197

CHN – Community Housing Network offers solutions for the disabled, seniors, and very low income. Advice for purchasing is available as part of Oakland HOME, they coordinate repairs, and information is available to families on permanent housing solutions. Whether someone rents or owns a home, support may be provided, and learn more on Community Housing Network.

Jewish Family Service Branch Office can provide assistance, including funds for paying rent or other bills on a case-by-case basis for struggling and lower income Jewish individuals who are in emergency situation. Location is 25900 Greenfield Rd. Suite 405, Oak Park, Michigan 48237. Call (248) 592-2300

SOS – South Oakland Shelter offers many other services too. The long term homeless can seek help from Chronic Leasing Assistance, and there are also emergency shelters, including during the winter. Permanent housing, as well as financial aid, can include free motel vouchers, grants for paying a deposit or first months rent, and much more as part of rehousing. More South Oakland Shelter housing assistance.

If you need rent help, and if these locations can’t meet your need, find additional Oakland County Michigan non-profits or charities. The groups may provide funds for paying rent, security deposits, and other housing expenses. Click here rental assistance in Oakland County Michigan.

Oakland County assistance programs and services that aid anyone in Michigan

Get information, financial assistance, and other help from the below mentioned programs. Programs can provide foreclosure prevention, help for energy bills, health care, free food, and other aid to Pontiac and Oakland County Michigan residents.

Many national programs also help Oakland Country residents as well. There are food resources, national charities, transportation services, medical care and more. The demand for housing is also very high, and this is where rent free apartments may be avaluable.

Grants for a variety of bills and expenses

One location to contact for financial expense for a wide variety of everyday bills is Community Sharing. This agency can be reached at (248) 889-0347. The agency offers emergency cash grants and financial assistance to qualified families and individuals. The money provided to an applicant may be used for a wide variety of expenses, bills, and different situations.

Applicants can use the money to pay for heating bills, utility assistance to prevent shutoff, rent and even mortgage payment assistance to prevent eviction or foreclosure, or one time assistance with a necessary prescription drug or medical bill. In addition, other bills, expenses, or emergencies may also qualify for aid, and all applications to the program will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Assistance and cash grants may only be granted once per year to qualified people.

Oakland County prescription programs

MEIJER provides residents with access to free or discounted medications, including certain generic oral antibiotics for absolutely free. Covered antibiotics include Amoxicillin, SMZ-TMP, Cephalexin, Ciprofloxacin, Ampicillin, Erythromycin, Penicillin VK and more. They also work with FamilyWize discount prescription card. (248) 393-5100

Access to no-cost legal advice

Legal Aid and Defender Association is a firm that represents low- and moderate-income residents of Oakland County Michigan. The legal services they offer are extensive, and include consultation and free advice and representation in such legal matters as housing eviction, income and public benefits, illegal mortgages, domestic violence, wills and probate, divorce, predatory lending.

Lawyers also help with income tax, consumer, foreclosure rescue and prevention, prisoners’ re-entry into their communities, child custody, employment, driver’s license restoration, personal identification, criminal record expungement, and help from debt collectors. Call them toll free at 877.964.4700. Learn more on Detroit area free legal aid.

Household products and furniture

The Furniture Bank of Southeastern Michigan (phone (248) 332-1300) provides basic household supplies and home necessities that will improve the quality of life for low-income families and individuals. The non-profit is the only furniture bank in the Oakland County region and a vital resource for those who cannot afford household goods. They have appliances, beds, and more for families. Find more information on free furniture banks near you.

Food and groceries in Oakland County

Some of the leading food panties are listed below. There are also soup kitchens and free holiday meals. However there are a few dozen other Oakland County Michigan free food pantries that can help those in need.

The USDA as well as state of Michigan also provide hunger prevention programs. There are applications to SNAP food stamps, WIC vouchers, school meals and snacks for kids and much more. Read more on low income food assistance programs.

Zion Lutheran Church Food Pantry (phone (248) 398-5510) provides food packages and groceries (up to once per month) to individuals and families in need of help.

Pontiac Michigan Saint Michael Catholic Church offers food up to once every 3 months. Phone (248) 332-9167.

Saint John’s Episcopal Church also offers food aid to Oakland County families. (248) 546-1255





http://www.olhsa.org/         Jane Morris (248) 910-4046


South Oakland Center (248) 546-6566)










MI Bridges  https://newmibridges.michigan.gov/s/isd-landing-page?language=en_US

Good Shepherd  http://www.gscmacomb.org/

Share a Smile  http://shareasmile.org/

Samaritan House  http://www.samaritanhousemichigan.org/

Soldiers Relief Fund
Pontiac (248) 858-0785
Troy (248) 655-1250
Walled Lake (248) 926-3368

ESG 800-552-1183

Veterans COVID-19 Emergency Financial Relief (248) 858-0785

Oakland County Board of Commission (248) 858-0544

THAW (The heat and warmth fund) (800) 552-1183

Lighthouse of Oakland County (248) 920-6200

Open Door Out Reach Center, Inc. (248) 360-2930

Birmingham Community House (248) 644-5832

Southfield Human Services (248) 796-4540

Warren Group Community (586) 754-7400